Re: Liquid Light

From: F. Wentzel (fotochemiker@yahoo.de)
Date: 09/07/01-11:05:32 PM Z

Hi Wendy,

You should heat the emulsion just enough that it is
all melted. This will happen some where between 30 and
40 degrees Celsius. Higher temperatures are
unnecessary, makes the room hotter, and can kill your
emulsion. Especially in your case where the emulsion
is old.

Liquid light is sold when it young. As an emulsion
ages, its characteristics change. It will first
increase in speed and possibly contrast. This will
then be followed in a loss of speed, followed by a
sharp increase in fog. This resulting high minimum
density lowers the apparent contrast, in addition to
other changes which also affect the print's contrast.

Oh, I wouldn't if I were you, but if you use a brush
with metal be careful that the metal and the emulsion
don't come in contact... tape it up, be extra careful
or something....

Fritz