Re: humidity and fogging of cyanotype emulsion

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/08/01-07:50:17 AM Z

Shannon,

I suggest that you not use a hairdryer. The heat drying will cause a loss in contrast. With an AC running the relative humidity should drop. Radio Shack has a small electronic thermometer that also measures relative humidity. I have one on the wall of my darkroom. You need to collect some data. As Sherlock Holmes said, "Its folly to theorize before one has sufficient data..." However, as I have successfully put cyanotype on just about every surface, I doubt very much that it is the paper.

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:
http://www.SchrammStudio.com
also look at: