RE: NYC

From: Bob Mazzullo (rmazzullo@si.rr.com)
Date: 09/11/01-08:01:22 PM Z

The carnage is absolutely unbelievable. What is not being reported is
that there is a run on drinkable, (or bottled) water even on Staten Island,
due to an unsubstantiated rumor that the water supply may be contaminated
(as in biological warfare). Unproven and unmentioned by the media, the rumor
has taken on a life of its own; when someone is seen buying bottled water at
a store,
others make a run for the shelves also.

In the meantime, every inch of what was familiar ground to me has been
reduced to
dust, twisted and burned metal, and blood spilled in the streets. What was
once a
memory belonging to those who lived through WWII, has now become part of
the consciousness of today's generation of young people. Their innocence and
ignorance is gone forever.

Ground zero looks like something from "The Terminator" ....Los Angeles in
the future.....
There are literally thousands of people buried beneath the rubble of two
110-story buildings...
alot of whom lived on Staten Island....

The coming days will be a lot worse once the initial shock has worn off...if
this sounds like
melodrama...I can assure you, it's not. It will be days before people find
out if their missing
loved ones are injured and hospitalized , or dead....and each second that
passes without that
knowledge will simply be intolerable.

Both buildings were built with asbestos, which has been sent airborne into
the sky, and into
the streets....to be inhaled with God knows what dangers....and that's just
the start....

There but for the Grace of God go I.

Stay tuned....

Bob Mazzullo