Re: Editorial broadcast from Toronto

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 09/13/01-06:00:26 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thor Bols" <thorbols@hotmail.com>
To: <nick@mcn.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: Editorial broadcast from Toronto

> Nick you ought to stop digging yourself in any deeper! Please read the
last
> sentence of your post, the Sinclair quote where he says
>
> "they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over
> their present troubles"
>
> and consider that in light of the current situation. Would YOU like to be
> accused of "gloating" at the "present troubles"? Of course not. Your
> posting of this antique sentimental chestnut on an international forum was
> insensitive, to say the least. When Sinclair wrote it, in 1973, the US
was
> under fire from just about everyone (including Britain, which might have
> been a useful response to Shaun, who is laboring under a misconception).
> Who cares if Shaun uses a free account? Does that make his/her point any
> less valid? YOU should apologize.

Thor, which way is the wind blowing? It appears you have taken that
position - how convenient and moreso, your call is a stretch by anyone's
imagination.

For the record, the point I was making must have been over your head - too
subtle for you. More specifically:

Please review the use of the King's english in the text from
shaun_bear@hotmail.com where he/she/you denegrated my good name - anyone
with a good understanding of the language will be able to pick out the
flaws. I offer to you that no self respecting Brit would choose to
demonstrate such an absolute lack of understanding about correct
spelling/grammer - not once, but twice in the same sentence. I'll not
enlighten everyone with the reality of the observation - in this way, I will
have a trail for identifying future posts from the 'echo troll'.

YOU should get a life, instead of stirring up trouble as you seem to do from
time to time.