RE: Editorial broadcast from Toronto/selen toner with salted paper

From: Maria Olmedo (MOlmedo@icp.edu)
Date: 09/14/01-12:03:41 PM Z

I just wanted to thank Lukas Werth and Fritz Wentzel for their posts.
List members, please don't get angry with each other.

It's difficult to be in New York right now. I feel badly saying this; I
haven't suffered the losses that so many have.

Yesterday, we were hemmed in with bomb threats, all around us, all at
the same time: Grand Central, Times Square, Empire State Building, Port
Authority Bus Terminal, Conde Nast building, 1133 Ave. of the Americas
(ICP Galleries are in this building). All these were closed and
evacuated at the same time. 42nd Street was closed. Thousands running
in all different directions. Fortunately, our building remained open
and we were able to stay put, although that was scary too.

I walked by a fire station at 48th and 8th Ave. It was unspeakably sad.
A makeshift memorial was set up for the firemen they had lost.
Photographs of approximately 15 smiling faces of young men who looked
not older than 30 yrs. old.

I started this message this morning. We've just been told our building
has rec'd a bomb threat. I think we're leaving. It's not over. Please
everyone just stick together.

later,
maria