Gold Toning Van Dyke Browns

From: illovich (illovich@home.com)
Date: 09/17/01-08:18:58 AM Z

I had seen on Sam Devine Tischler's website (for example here:
http://www.samdevinetischler.com/new/new_vessel2.html) some examples of
gold-toned Van Dyke Browns which I thought were very nice... unless my
monitor is miscalibrated it seems like the tones change to deeper purple to
chocolate... not having seen the prints it's hard to say, but nonetheless my
interest is piqued.

I had a few questions pop in my head, but I figured why bother Sam when I
can bother a whole list?

1) I've never done gold-toning before, only sepia and selenium. Can anyone
recommend a good source of information or recommend a specific gold toner?

2) Could I try gold toning my existing VDB's (they are 9-12 months old...
and yes, I have extras ;-) ) or would it really be best to print up some
fresh ones?

Thanks, and peace!