A mantra for the list

From: Robkin, Eugene (erobkin@uwc.edu)
Date: 09/17/01-11:12:16 PM Z

I've only met a very tiny handful of this list's members personally but I
have come to think very highly of all of you for your knowledge and your
joyful public spirit in sharing that knowledge.

It has been very sad to read some of the emails that have gone back and
forth not only about the NYC events but about other much more trivial
disagreements over the years. It has sometimes amazed me that you've
managed to hold together at all but I attribute it to the pleasure you all
take in what you do. Perhaps it is that without the list you would all be
trying to breath vacuum.

I suggest that the tension be brought down by the exercise of some
restraint.

So the next time anyone feels that they cannot contain themselves any longer
and they just have to send the list a strong statement about anything just
write as your very first sentance.

"You know, I may be wrong."

If you say it enough times you might even come to believe it.

Best to all of you.

Eugene Robkin