RE: Making Daguerreotypes with a medium format camera

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 09/18/01-08:46:25 AM Z

Let me suggest you are wanting to do things the hard way. Find a large
format camera off of ebay, cheapest will do, and use it to make Dag's. For
about 1 /2 the price of a modern lens for you medium format camera you can
buy a whole LF set up. Expensive lenses are not required as no enlarging of
the image will be done. Use the film holders for the format and double sided
tape to attach the sensitized plate inside them. Actually the older the
camera and film holder the better as early cameras and holders used glass so
you will have plenty of room for the thickness of the metal plate.

If you start adapting a good medium format camera, I expect it to cost about
the same but will always be a hassle going back and forth.

You might also ask the same question on the following list:

cameramakers@rosebud.opusis.com