Re: Gold Toning VDB prints

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 09/18/01-09:31:05 AM Z

Sandy King wrote:

> Actually I tried seleniun toning with Argryotypes, to a very unhappy end.

Yeah, me two, though I'm considering double coating and exposing after a
singular selenium toner bath to "save" the golden tones in the
highlights. I guess this would be a duotone?

> However, Barnier , in his chapter on Argyrotypes in Coming into
> Focus, shows some very interesting results in toning Argyrotpes, with
> a rather interesting range of colors possible.

Great info. I'll get a copy an explore some more. I'm really amazed at
the constant variables in almost every process. I wish I'd known all
this will I was young!

--
Darryl