Re: Gold Toning VDB prints

From: FB (aikus@freemail.hu)
Date: 09/17/01-02:04:30 PM Z

Date sent: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:54:49 -0400
From: Sam Wang <stwang@CLEMSON.EDU>
Subject: Re: Gold Toning VDB prints
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

> The question is, what other form can selenium be used that
> does not contain such high dosage of fixer? Any chemists
> out there who can provide an answer? What if we buffer the
> solution, would it make any difference?

Sodium sulphide (Na2S) 40g
Selenium, red or seleniumdioxide 1g
water to 1 litre

before using dilute 1:30 the diluted solution not durable.

or

Ilford 3
in 600 ml water
Sodium sulphite crist.(Na2SO3 * 7H2O) 100g
Selenium powder 7g
water to 1 litre

before using dilute 1:10 the diluted solution not durable.

(Source: Polster-Lenz: 100 fotorecept)

I used for Kodak Proof paper (it was a
gelatine-silver-chloride POP till the 1980-s) a similar
selenium toner like the mentioned types but I do not know
just now which was the true version...

However a bit overexposed print (as usually in the case of
silver based POP-s) is recommended.

Balint Flesch