Re: Happy New Year, God Bless America...

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam_pine@cape.com)
Date: 09/18/01-03:22:46 PM Z

Indeed. This is the sort of love it or leave it argument we
experienced in Viet Nam, the flag wavers vs everybody else. The
question is what should we love or leave? I just hope to God that
someone in the administration who understands our history prevails,
that we don't go off half cocked (wanted dead or alive? I mean
really...), and that somehow we can hold together a coalition against
terroism - ours and bin Laden's.

I find it difficult to forget that the Kuwaiti rulers absented
themselves from their country when they were attacked, leaving the
fighting to others. Then when the fighting was over, they returned,
over the objections of those who had done the fighting, who had the
silly thought that perhaps now they could have some say in the
government. But no, we stuck up for the rulers. Bah!

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.