Re: powder pigments correction

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 09/18/01-11:37:43 PM Z

> >>I am recently using inorganic powder pigments (earths, oxides,
> charcoal, etc)
>
> Actually, from charcoal, it would be an organic. A small point, but I
> like accuracy.
>
> INORGANIC: Composed of matter other than plant or animal.
>
> HCM

Well, my definition of organic and inorganic is slightly different. The organic chemistry is related to the carbon compounds (exception: carbon as an element, the two carbon oxides, and the carbonate ion).
The composition of charchoal is mainly *elemental carbon*, plus some ash coming from the mineral part of the original wood.
Owing to the high temperature needed to obtain it, the true organic part (tar, etc) is very small.

Alberto