Toning Argyrotypes

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/18/01-06:39:20 PM Z

A clarification of a previous message.

1. Although Barnier does report the possibility of a range of color
with Argyrotype, the very interesting range I was thinking about when
my last message was posted was in reference to POP.

2. Barnier does tone, apparently successfully with Kodak Rapid
Selenium, diluted 1:100. The key to his success, by what I read, is
that the print stays in the toner for less than a minute, perhaps as
little as 30 seconds. Bleaching, if it were to take place, would be
at a minimum in these circumstances.

Sandy King