Re: Traveling Portfolio

From: Dave Rose (photo@wir.net)
Date: 09/21/01-12:04:41 PM Z

This is an excellent idea. It is very appropriate, and your timing could
not be better. I would love to participate. I have a beautiful photo of
the World Trade Center, taken from Liberty State Park in Jersey City. This
image is very special to me, and it would be suitable for inclusion in a
travelling portfolio. In this time of terrible sorrow, grief, and anger,
this kind of project is exactly what we need, as we move towards healing and
understanding.

If your idea is "offensive" to anyone on this list, shame on them! It's too
bad that you'd be hesitant or have doubts in presenting this proposal, but I
can guess why. After all, one list member could not even wait for the ashes
to settle on 6,000+ dead/dying New Yorkers before launching an insensitive
attack upon President Bush, the police, the World Trade Center towers,
SUV's, oil companies, USA foreign policy, etc...... I strongly believe
that this 'kick America while she's down' mentality is limited to a very,
very small number of individuals. I take no offense whatsoever at your
proposal, and I can't imagine that the vast majority of list members would
either.

"God Bless America" is a great title. I have a few suggestions as well:
"Unbroken Spirit", "United We Stand", "Glory of America", "A Cherished
Nation".

I've never participated in the travelling portfolio, but I've visited your
website in the past (and very recently) so I know about it. It's a great
concept. I sure hope your new idea gets off the ground. Please keep us
informed.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Big Wonderful Wyoming