Re: Clearing

From: Witho Worms en Jorien van Santen (verzet13@xs4all.nl)
Date: 09/24/01-04:11:20 PM Z

Hi Jeff,

I never had any problem clearing Arches in EDTA and Sodiumsulfite. As a
matter of fact I was always using 1% EDTA and ½% Sodiumsulfite. I keep it in
trays and stays good for weeks. The problems arose this morning when I
started to use fresh mixed solutions. Normally I would do that by using
distilled water but for 'convenience's I had filled the empty bottle with
demineralised water (to wash my brushes after use). Later I made a fresh
solution of NaPdCl and that also stained. (with the same demineralised
water) Tomorrow I will buy a bottle of distilled at the drugstore and see
what happens.
Concerning Arches I do find it a very difficult paper for DOP. Lately I also
had in many problems concerning mottling. But there is nothing else
available in Europe that prints as good as Arches. (Or in England and that
is terrible expensive at the moment).
If somebody has an European address for Cranes 90# I will be interested.

Cheers,

Witho