UV light and Image Contrast

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 09/25/01-05:55:52 AM Z

Most common plate glass cuts off UV radiations below 300nm. However,
I think there would be little to be gained by removing the safety
glass, apart from the safety considerations. Although dichromate
colloids are quite sensitive to radiation in the 200-300 nm region
this light gives image of very low contrast. You could verify this by
testing a step wedge with one of your exposure units, with and
without the plate glass.

Sandy King