Post-Factory -- website, etc.

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/26/01-01:28:05 AM Z

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, illovich wrote:

> on 9/24/01 9:50 PM, Robert W. Schramm at schrammrus@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > I suggest you check back issues of the Post Factory Journal as I remember that
> > one of the issues had some information on [ putting together a bank of 4-6 of
> > those special (FLB) flourescent tubes to make an exposure box]
>
> I would love to! Could I ask for guidance on finding back copies?
>
> The website at http://www.post-factory.org/ is a note about bromoil, a link
> to a file and instructions about getting acrobat reader, but with no contact
> information or info about the publisher.
>
> Additionally, I checked the journal catalog at Temple University, and we
> don't seem to subscribe to it...

Dear M/Ms. Illovich & all...

Sorry, I've been spread too thin & have neglected my sig line.

A number of libraries do subscribe to WJP-FP, tho not Temple. On the other
hand, the issues tend to get "liberated" -- and ardent folks anyway want
their own. I've FINALLY gotten the reprints of Issues #1 & 2 (and for
folks waiting, I promise to get them out soon), so can supply all back
issues. I'll send you offlist info about subscribing and a summary of
Issues #1-6. I also promise to think of a way to put another general promo
on the list, since it's been a while.

As for the website, this is an embarrassment of riches... Wade Allen
originally hosted a Post-Factory website on his webpage, essentially
subscription info and sampling of rave feedback. That's
<http://rmp.opusis.com/postfactory/postfactory.html>

Then when Bob Gumpper suggested bromoil download (booklet from old
magazine to go with his "Bromoil Express" article, Issue #6), I planned
simply to put it on my own Post-Factory server, previously used only for
e-mail, with the address www.inch.com/-j.seigel/bromoil. But somehow my
son and tech support at Inch (the Post-Factory server) changed that to
www.post-factory.org. Is that perfectly clear?

Actually it's not -- folks who go to the Opusis address wonder where the
download is, and wind up in Allen's "discussion and theory" department.
And folks who want contact info find only bare bones & download at the
Post-Factory website. Which just goes to show how confusing the Internet
can be. Print is obviously better. (Tho I do plan to add the contact info
to the P-F website when I get organized.)

Meanwhile, I'm delighted to send anyone who will let me a synopsis of
Issues #1-6, as well as "how to subscribe" e-flyer. Ask offlist.

(And it's nice to talk about simple problems isn't it... ?)

To repeat:

For the bromoil "supplement" to Post-Factory #6,

www.post-factory.org

For some charming Post-Factory promo ("feedback" of joy),

<http://rmp.opusis.com/postfactory/postfactory.html>

And thanks for asking,

Judy