Re: cheap contact printing frame

From: Andre Fuhrmann (Andre.Fuhrmann@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: 09/26/01-03:15:23 AM Z

The issue of contact frames pops up regularly and creates quite a bit
of lively discussion. But the simple fact is that building a sturdy
contact frame is the single most simple matter in the field of ALT
processes. (Up to a point: matters get a bit more complex when light
bulbs are to be included and when we move to print size XXL.)

Here is a pointer to a construction that has served my needs
perfectly over many years:

http://www.uni-konstanz.de/FuF/Philo/Philosophie/Fuhrmann/themen/RahmenPlan.jpg

This week I received a catalogue of a mail order company in Germany
which is renowned for its deluxe equipment (and deluxe prices). They
now carry contact frames of the simple kind that are sometimes
flogged off as "sort of funny frames" on flea markets. Prices are
staggering! Reminds me of an advertisement campaign I recently saw
in Brazil: "I have a money allergy. That's why I buy XYZ".

André