RE: Agfa Announcement today

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 09/27/01-05:09:41 PM Z

Just BECAUSE they sell cameras does not mean they make them themselves. Like
PC's, Scanners, laptop's and printer's there are probably less that five
companies in the world that really make these items, no matter who's name
tag or silk-screened Logo may be visible. So it is easy to get into the
market. What is hard is to have something unique to offer.

I do not define unique as the most pixels or faster camera or most memory.
These are only transient advantages.

  For photographers the ability to shoot short video and images may not be
desirable but It seems to be of interest to consumers. Which market do you
think they are going after? Will photographer's be the target market for
new products?