RE: UV light and Contact Frame

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 09/28/01-07:50:57 AM Z

All of my printing of late has been on 22x30 inch paper. I use a 28x28 inch
piece of "coffee table" glass that is almost a half inch thick, and beveled
on the edges. Incredibly heavy and awkward, it takes a bit of practiced
coordination to move it around, but it seems to do a good job of holding the
negative flat. I use a piece of carpeting underneath the print. One thing
is for sure: you won't need to worry about weights or rubber bands. I
bought this glass at a place called "Hobby Lobby" that specializes in silk
flowers and other weird, kitschy items. They also sell beeswax and paraffin
at prices far less than other stores.

Keith