RE: Digital negs - transmitted vs reflected light

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@home.com)
Date: 09/28/01-08:01:26 AM Z

Nick,

Even density delta's for even % steps is what you want. I put an excel
spreadsheet up at members.home.net/lrryr/digitalnegs that helps with the
density to photoshop transfer function interpolation.

I have found that the piezo inks have higher uv density's than my
densitometer tells me, goodness for our purposes.

I'm glad to hear your working on this. I was well into it a few months ago
along with gum, but since then my job (pesky thing) has managed to
completely dominate my life.

If you'd like to verify your method you could send me a step wedge or two
and I'd be happy to run it through the densitometer.

Larry