Re: Spectral density [was: Re: Inkjet transparencies ]

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/02/02-11:09:08 AM Z

Richard M. Koolish wrote:

> Color is very misleading, especially when your eyes can't see the part of
> the spectrum involved. I'm sitting here with a copy of the Kodak filter
> publication B-3. If I look through the various filters for ones that block
> UV to 400 nm, I find that among them are 2A (pale yellow), 8 (yellow), 21
> (orange), 25 (red), 40 (light green), 45 (blue green).

Do you have any more specific information on the wavelengths blocked by
the various colors? Surely they don't all block the same wide range of
wavelengths (360-400?) or if they do, then the answer to my question
would be that the color isn't all that important; any color but blue
would work, which would explain why both yellow-green and orange seem to
do fine.
kt