Re: Spectral density [was: Re: Inkjet transparencies ]

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/03/02-11:34:27 PM Z

Tom,

What were the original negatives scanned with?

I have made image setter negatives at 300 lpi that worked very well... worked
out the platinum curve using a densitometer and platinum printed steptablet.
 This was for a particular platinum set up used by a friend. I am about to
try the digital negatives... I would think the current inkjet printers could
rival and possibly surpass most imagesetters in resolution, but there might
be a "crispness" to the imagesetter negatives that would give a percieved
increase in sharpness. I'll find out. Right now I am having too much fun
printing on silk cloth with amazing results!

Mark Nelson