Re: cyanotype image bleaches

From: Breukel, C (HKG) (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 04/04/02-01:34:33 AM Z

Jeff,

AFAIK is cyanotype one of the few (only) processes who actually likes
acidic enviroment. A alkaline enviroment bleaches your cyanotype. Maybe
that is the case with your musslin. Whit what kind of soap did you wash
your musslin? Most soaps are pretty alkaline, maybe you can wash it
agian in plain water. I would also try to size it, and maybe add some
citric acid to the size to lower the pH.

Oh it is probably a good idea to check the pH of your well water, and
maybe add a bit of citric acid to your wash water, just to be sure the
pH is a bit acidic

Good luck,

Cor