Re: Spectral density

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/04/02-02:06:39 AM Z

Tom Ferguson wrote:

> Hello Katharine, The Epson 1200 is a discontinued printer, but still quite
> modern. Basically one generation behind the current stuff. 6 color, 1440x720
> dpi, 13x19 inch media, 6 picoliter variable droplet.
> --

Hi Tom,
That's about what I thought. My Photo EX is another generation or two
behind yours.. They don't say in the specs what the droplet size is,
but someone, probably the guy at Pictorico, said it's a 30 picoliter
droplet and that's why the ink puddles on Pictorico, and I should get
myself one of the printers with the smaller drops. I'd settled on the
1280 but from what Dan says about that printer (that it lays down too
much ink) it doesn't seem that would be a great step forward from where
I am. At any rate, I have no complaint about the gum prints I'm
printing, which (lest we forget) is what it's all about, so I'm not
desperate to change what I'm already doing.

To all the other suggestions that have come in this morning about how I
might get less ink on my media, I'll just say thanks but I think you've
got off on a sidetrack. The question was: has ANYONE been able to print
a decent gum print from a color table negative? That's really what I
wanted to know.
kt