Re: Lightjet Duraclear negs

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 04/04/02-11:40:21 AM Z

Dave, I can't recall anyone else here on this list as having posted about
success with Lightjet negs. The only digital negs I have had absolute
success with (Pt/Pd) is the Lightjet variety - they are quite pricey. The
company I have been using was in Las Vegas and is no longer in business.

I can only offer that I did nothing special to prepare my images for the
Lightjet per se, except as follows:

    I made sure that in grayscale mode, my monitor would properly
differentiate between 21 steps.
    I converted the image into grayscale mode and then adjusted the
contrast/levels to suit visual tatse.
    I ganged the images into one large image and output as a TIFF.

Many thanks,

Nick

BTW, there is a basic lesson in the above procedure - BE SURE YOUR MONITOR
SHOWS 21 STEPS.....