Re: Lightjet Duraclear negs

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 04/04/02-03:48:54 PM Z

Dave, I could go on forever on the subject of digital negs from inkjet
printers. I'm zeroing in on it and will post my results when complete
(whatever that means).

I have been experimenting (here I go) with various substrates and
inks/methods/workflows/curves/actions and to date, only the Pictorico film
seems like the way to go. It doesn't accept pigment based inks and I have
just yesterday changed to a Quad Black dye based ink with archival qualities
(whatever that means). I am collaborating with at least two others from
this list and the results, as I said, will be posted.

As for the Lightjet, I have to assume that if I were to once again start
making negs/images for the lightjet, I would do much better this time
around. I have no plans to do so, as I am confident that a quality digital
neg with at least 19-20 steps is just around the corner. Besides, I have a
significant investment in this digital stuff.

Nick