Re: Lightjet Duraclear negs

From: Dave Orndorf (dorndorf@nconnect.net)
Date: 04/04/02-07:03:43 AM Z

Nick,
Thanks so much for the response! You are the only one who has responded
which surprises me. It is a bit expensive, but I have been so disappointed
with the whole Burkholder method (as far as the tonal quality) that I feel
this is the only Digital solution (this week). Did you LOVE the quality
that you achieved from the lightjet or was it just an acceptable way to
enlarge your negs outside of the darkroom? How much fiddling did you have
to do before you nailed it? Did you invert everything in PhotoShop, or did
the lightjet do that for you?
The current price I am getting for a 30x30 output is $150 - I will be
working in a 14x14 print size so that would make each neg $37.50.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, I truly appreciate it.
Dave Orndorf