Re: Pictorico and Epson 2000P pigments

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/05/02-12:03:12 PM Z

Sandy,

This is very true... painters have the same issue, but probably much less
apparent, because they aren't trying to mix colors to paint a whole image in
"grayscale".

I made a 44" x 44" print for Sam Wang using Epson Pig Inks from a gray scale
image and it is beautiful... in daylight it does have a slight greenish
caste and in tungsten light it is neutral to slightly magenta.... however
unless you switch back and forth between the two it is not that noticeable
and is actually sort of nice in a way... printing with just the black ink on
the 10000 gives a wonderfully smooth, slightly warm gray...depending on the
paper...some papers give a nuetral gray. I think this has some potential
also for negatives...they look very smooth because of the small picoliter
size of the 10000 and variable ink dot pattern. I am getting some test
materials to print on that might work for negatives, but so far Pictorico is
probably the best I have heard of.... and printing of fabric is just
outstanding!

Mark Nelson