Re: Question about curve

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 04/05/02-09:32:47 PM Z

You said in your message...

> If
>I save this curve as now altered will it them incorporate the
>original curve as well as the set of changes that I made so that for
>that future negatives I can begin with this curve as opposed to the
>original one from Dan's book?

Yes, Sandy. Assuming you've altered the prototype 2000P curve to improve
tonality in your neg/print, your new curve would be the only one you need
apply to your image.

Another approach is to design a second curve (a "tweak curve" if you
will) that shifts tonality in the desired way. This curve would be
applied IN ADDITION to the original, sequentially. Bending tones just
once is usually better (at least in theory) but there's a good chance you
wouldn't see any difference.

Make sense?

Dan