Re: Question about curve

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/05/02-09:33:27 PM Z

Sandy... no this is actually a good question.

Here's what you do.

Always save the image before you apply the platinum curve.

Load Burkholder's curve or Fokos curve and make your negative

If you want to make furthur adjustments, then start with the image you saved
prior to applying the platinum curve, then load the Burkholder curve.... make
the minor adjustments you want and before you print your negative, save the
new curve under a new name... then you can keep repeating this process until
you get exactly what you want....

If you print a steptablet with each trial, you can measure that printed
steptablet with your densitometer and see where you need to make your
tweaks... actually you can compute exactly what the tweak is... If you need
it I have a spreadsheet you can use for this...

Call me if you need any further help or clarification... always available...

Good to see you again!

OH! Sam called and I went over and we made a lensboard... thanks for your
offer though! I have a lot to learn about my baby view camera hehehehehe

I called Epson support and they think it is a faulty yellow ink cartridge and
are replacing it.... one is being overnighted and I should be able to be up
and running by 10:00 AM tomorrow... my two profiles for luster and for
watercolor bright arrived by email... so I can test them... they might be
helpful in making the color negs for alt photo..not sure... but sounds like
you are doing just fine... I will print one for you using your curve if you
want... It might be finer and smoother... but not sure ...you won't know til
you try it.

Let me know!

Mark

Mark