Re: traffic

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 04/07/02-04:51:22 PM Z

At 09:01 AM 04/07/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>I too have been swamped with mails from this mailing list while being away
>for a few days. Also, there have been threads that seem to go on forever
>that were of no particular interest. But the good of this list definitely
>out weigh the minor inconveniences. I have never tried this, but have you
>tried to see if there is a digest version of this list available on the
>server? What will happen, is at pre-determined intervals, you will receive
>one email. This one email digest may contain 1 to 100 emails, but it does
>cut down on the traffic. Just a thought.
>
>Oh yeah, one more thing, most list servers have a command called "suspend"
>or "hold" that will stop outgoing emails to your address until you turn it
>back on. I forgot the command to do this, but I am sure someone on the list
>can supply all of the needed instruction. I'm pretty sure that these
>instructions are contained in the alt-photo-process weekly reminder that is
>sent to everyone on a semi-regular basis. Maybe the List Mom is reading
>this....
>
>Joe Portale
>Tucson, AZ

  Most list software will send you a list of commands if a message is sent
to the _machine command_ address with the word help in the message body.
 The command address for this list is:
alt-photo-process-request@usask.ca
  I just tried this and it works for this list.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com