Re: gelatin coating

From: Cactus Cowboy (cactus@tritel.net)
Date: 04/08/02-07:34:50 AM Z

I'm using Rives BFK for gum and cyanotype printing. To prepare the paper
(after preshrinking in hot water), I soak it in a shallow tray of gelatin
solution for about 5-10 minutes. I then pull the paper through a gap
between two wooden dowels, at an oblique angle, this having the effect of a
squeegee, removing excess gelatin. The paper is hung from a line to dry,
and then soaked in gelatin a second time and dried. The final treatment is
in formaldehyde solution, to harden the gelatin. I do not have problems
with air bubbles using this method.

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming