Re: Gum - what am I doing wrong?

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/10/02-09:34:48 AM Z

Sandy King wrote:

> Yes, my original point was that stain is a filter to actinic light
> and as such can cause an increase in printing time. I take that to
> address your question above, i.e. how well the negative blocks the
> wavelengths responded to by the sensitizer in question. It stands to
> reason that printing time will increase with an increasing efficiency
> of the negative to block the wavelengths responded to by the
> sensitizer.

And my point was the converse of yours, that if the negative doesn't
block the wavelengths in question well, it doesn't matter how long you
print it, all you're going to get is overexposed mud, which is what I
got with a color table negative and what David apparently got with his
pyro negative, on gum.
kt