Re: Gum - what am I doing wrong?

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/10/02-05:03:33 PM Z

Here's perhaps some pertinent info or at least a bit of trivia on this
issue. All of my negatives are Pyro negs and have been for many years.
I use them for platinum and now for gum over platinum. I use both a
NuArc mercury vapor plateburner and a homemade UV box with Philips tubes
(actinic or super-actinic I think, it's been a long time).

For the effect I am after, my gum exposures are typically about 1/2 the
time of my platinum exposures. Even when I do a strait gum, if I try the
same exposure I use for a platinum print, the gum will be overexposed.

For whatever that's worth...

Kerik