Re: heat drying Re: Platinum respirator

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/11/02-12:43:40 AM Z

Tom, I think that your comments point out an important aspect to heat
drying. It is quite possible to over heat a coated piece of paper sensitized
with pt/pd salts. Might it also be possible to over heat other processes,
and the degree of over heating be controlled by proper control. i.e. some
processes require very little or no added heat from an external source other
than ambient room. There may be a small threshold in processes for heat
drying. Would one consider a paper to be dried with heat if the air source
was 80F in a 65F room? Does the Dmax suffer if the room temp is 80F during
the whole process and dried with only a fan?

Proper technique for the proper time and process : )

EJ Neilsen