Re: figuring pinhole exposures

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 04/12/02-11:08:20 PM Z

Hi:

I use Larry Fratkin's pinhole calculator at

http://www.MrPinhole.com/Exposure.html

This web page does the math for you. You enter the f-stop of your camera,
it then creates a table that lists "normal" camera exposure times and
their equivilant exposures using your f-stop.

To use the table you take a meter reading and find this on the table. In
the far left column on the same row as your meter reading you will find
the exposure for your f-stop.

Hard to explain, but it works. I calculate the f-stop for each camera. I
feed this into the form print out the results and tape it to each camera.

With this I can convert standard light meter readings on the spot without
doing any math :)

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2