[digital-fineart] Re: negatives (fwd)

From: Sean McGrath (sean@manybits.net)
Date: 04/13/02-11:50:27 PM Z

I forward the following for the digital negative makers ...

--
Sean McGrath
sean@manybits.net

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:03:17 EDT From: digitalatelier@aol.com Reply-To: digital-fineart@yahoogroups.com To: digital-fineart@yahoogroups.com Subject: [digital-fineart] Re: negatives

In a message dated 4/10/02 1:38:13 PM, digital-fineart@yahoogroups.com writes:

>I'm still in search of a pigment based ink that will work for negs and >for archival prints. I may switch to dye based ink or I may get another >printer.

This may be a late suggestion but Kimoto Tech has a clear film product called "silk jet" that is used for making negs for photosilkscreen. I have used it with Mutoh Pigment inks. The film holds a large ink load and can produce very dense black while maintaining fine detail. Bonny

www.DigitalAtelier.com www.silkRIVERsilk.com www.Lhotka.com