Where to find silver plated copper plates for Daguerreotypes.

From: zant zant (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/16/02-06:04:45 PM Z

Hi all I know this has been discussed before and I tried the new search
feature on the archives without success. I'm looking for contacts to
purchase suitable plates for daguerreotypes. I want to get 4x5 and 8x10
plates. I have been on www.daguerre.org and www.newdags.com and have seen
some contacts but most are for makers of the copper plates and then silver
platers. The one contact that does both is Theiss Plating Corp. but
supposedly thier copper plates are thin (not engravers thick) and bendable.

Anyone out there who has purchased plates reciently can you please recommend
a company. Also what is average price that I'm looking at for a 4x5 plate
with silver on it?

Thanks. -Chris