Re: INKJET PRINTERS AND SCANNERS ADVICE PLEASE

From: Gregory W. Blank (gblank@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 04/17/02-10:53:55 AM Z

Hey Don;

I just got through doing a test by scanning a 4x5 trans on the 2450.

Maximum res is 12800 DPI which for the 3.685 x 4.533 image area (do to clip
marks on my trans) produces 7.71 Gig file. The upper resolution varies
however for certain types of flatbed/flat art scans, I believe.

Doubtful anyone would use such a high resolution...but its there.
Typically I scan 4x5 around 800-1600 dpi and print on the Epson 1280 using a
[sized] working file at 400 DPI (I set the printer at 1440 or 2880).

Other resolutions are as follows...this list not complete from a 3.685 x
4.533 transparency.

800 dpi= 30.82 MB
1600 dpi= 123.29 MB
2400 dpi= 277.39 MB
12800 dpi= 7.71 MB

Interestingly enough the scanner worked with my "Mac" Performa 6400 200 Mega
hz processor from day one....my printer however was another long and sad
story best saved for another time and place.

Best regards
Greg