Re: INKJET PRINTERS AND SCANNERS ADVICE PLEASE

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/17/02-11:09:02 AM Z

> I just got through doing a test by scanning a 4x5 trans on the 2450.
>
> Maximum res is 12800 DPI

The maximum OPTICAL resolution of this scanner is 2400 dpi, which is
still very high for a flatbed. Any thing above that and it is simply
interpolating.

I have one of these scanners and it gives very impressive results for
the price. I've scanned medium format negs with it and made very nice
13x19 prints with an Epson 1280 printer. My only complaint is the rather
odd 4"x9" size of the trans adaptor. BTW, I get the best scans from B&W
negs by scanning them in color.

Kerik Kouklis
www.Kerik.com