Re: Tri-x in Pyrocat

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/20/02-04:17:00 PM Z

Ed,
  I've been using the metol version for almost two years. In fact, until
recently was using only 0.25 gm of metol in 100 ml of solution A. If you
remember, the typo on your web site had that amount. The amount of metol
isn't very critical. Apparently, a small amount of metol is enough due to
superadditive regeneration.

I have tried 10% NaOH instead of the very concentrated K2CO3 for solution B.
My feeling is that the negatives from using 10% NaOH are slightly less
sharp. I don't think it's my imagination, but it's subtle. I prefer Sandy's
original
100g anhydrous K2CO3 in 100 ml water for solution B.

As is obvious from my various posts, I'm a very big fan of Pyrocat-HD for
negs for Pd/Pt. It works great with Tri-X.

Linas