Re: (fwd) Re: American Experience: Ansel Adams

From: George L Smyth (glsmyth@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/22/02-01:53:53 PM Z

I recorded it last night, so I should be able to get a chance to see it this
evening. The Sierra Club was a major sponsor of it, so it's no surprise if
there was a leaning in that direction.

I hope that the audience learns of his contributions to conservation and
photography through the documentary. As a photographer, I see more than just
"pretty pictures," but that's just me.

Cheers -

george

--- John <john@darkroompro.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:40:44 -0400, "Lisa Reddig" <lisa@julianrichards.com>
> wrote:
>
> I only caught the last part when Ansel was over 70. And the one thing I
> talked to myself about (actually I was talking to the TV) was how much that
> Sierra Club guy was spouting his own agenda (talking through an orifice that
> I shall not mention) and making it seem like it all came from Ansel. For
> all I know Adams could have been a hardcore nature conserver guy, but it all
> sounded very Sierra Club propaganda to me. Just for the record I am not
> fond of all the hype around Ansel, but he makes pretty pictures don't he?
>
> Lisa

=====
Handmade Photographic Images
http://GLSmyth.com