Re: American Experience: Ansel Adams

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam@pinehill.com)
Date: 04/23/02-02:17:15 AM Z

No, I'm not looking for any dirt. I admire Adams and his work, doesn't
matter whether he was a nice guy, but I don't assume he wasn't. I
object to third parties putting a spin on the images that just isn't
necessary and may or may not be true. There are many great Americans
who don't find the need to wrap themselves in the flag, which I
consider a highly chauvinistic symbol, that post-211 so many are
rushing to wave. It's as if they were saying that Adams was a great
American, and, oh, btw, he was very patriotic, even put the flag in
his photos, which he didn't.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer