the Epson 2000P

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 04/23/02-06:53:31 PM Z

Sandy wrote:

>If the question is, can these printers make prints on paper that
>compete with the sharpness and tonality of prints made with various
>wet processes, the answer is absolutely yes. I recently scanned a 5X7
>negative at 1600dpi, worked on it a bit in PhotoShop, and then
>printed it in 13X19 size on the Epson 2000P. The resulting print was
>outstanding, with great tones and more apparent sharpness than a
>silver gelatin print of almost the same size that I previously made
>from this negative.

When you say you use the pigmented inks from Epson, do you mean
something other than the cartridge you buy for the 2000P at a regular
computer store like CompUSA? If so, where do you get them? I tried
to make a black and white print on the Epson 2000 with a cartridge I
bought for it at CompUSA, and the print had a sort of cyan cast to
it. I scanned it in RGB and printed it with all six colors. I guess
I just need to tinker with it to get the gray right, huh?

Despite the cyan cast, I too was very impressed with the quality of
the print and plan to make a bunch more this weekend.

I love this printer too, but I wish you could get Cone inks for it.
Also, I don't like the vertical banding I get on Pictorico film.

--shannon