RE: environmental question

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 04/24/02-12:11:34 PM Z

Christine,

The digital route is very environmentally friendly, as long as you use
rechargeable batteries.

As for your concerns about the clean-conscience dumping of chemistry into
the middle of nowhere, I fail to see how that is any different than dumping
it into a city sewage system: your waste winds up in the environment
anyway - with the advantage that its eventual resting place will be further
away from where you live, breath, and drink.

With some degree of expense and inconvenience, users of silver and
dichromate-based processes have at their disposal methods that can be used
to reclaim or neutralize the waste products. I've always felt that
cyanotype was the friendliest of the chemical processes. And then there's
always anthotype...