Re: environmental question

From: William Marsh (redcloud54@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/24/02-11:20:18 AM Z

Christine,

I was told, several years ago, by the Great Yellow Father himself, that
all basic Kodak silver chemistry is thoroughly biodegradable - most
within 24 hours. I was worried about the well supplying the farmhouse
we were living in at the time. It seemed incredible, but they sent me
literature with the details that made a pretty strong case.

On the other hand, I once destroyed a septic system by using potassium
oxalate developer for Pt/Pd. Had to dig up the yard to find the tank,
pump it out, etc. I switched to ammonium citrate after that. Dick
Sullivan's and Carl Weese' book has a section on "Platinum Green" that
goes into all this. You might want to look at that.

Regards,

Bill