Re: environmental question

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/24/02-05:41:08 PM Z

Of the most common alternative printing processes, the least toxic is
cyanotype but, of course you still have to make the negative. The relatively
new Xtol film developer is environmentally friendly, works great with Ilford
films and has a long shelf life. You could save your hypo and recover the
silver from it and dump the rest. If you use ammonium based hypo you will
not need any stop bath.

Bob Schramm

>From: epona <acolyta@napc.com>
>To: "alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca"
><alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
>Subject: environmental question
>Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:13:45 -0400
>
>Hello list,
>
>What, in all your esteemed opinions, would be the photographic process
>to leave the least impact on the environment?
>
>Hypothetically, say I lived in a hut in the middle of nowhere. I would
>not, with a clean concience, be able to dump my used chemistry on the
>ground or in my composting toilet or what have you.
>
>Just curious.
>
>Cheers,
>Christine
>
>--
>"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
>It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this
>emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and
>stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
>-Albert Einstein

Check out my web page at:

  http://www.SchrammStudio.com

also look at: