Re: pyrocat part B question

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/24/02-09:00:53 PM Z

Ed,
 Not quite saturated, but close. Saturated would be 112g/100ml cold water.
Probably not too important what we call it. I've always disliked w/w or w/v
percentages, but that's a pet peeve because I'm a chemist and think in terms
of molarity. I won't even begin to suggest we go that route here...

In any case, there should be no problem making this 100g K2CO3/100ml H2O. A
recent post by Joe said his solution B was turning colors? Pitch it
immediately and get a new supplier. Potassium carbonate in water will never
turn colors. Whatever is there is contaminated.

Linas