Re: low impact enivornmental methods -- Anthotype

From: Thom Mitchell (tjmitch@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 04/24/02-08:55:14 PM Z

Christopher James has a very short section on Anthotypes in his book.
Basically he explains you take flowers, fruit, etc. (blueberries, marigolds,
cranberries, etc.) blend them to pulp with a little denatured alcohol to
create a solution to coat a sheet of paper. Print via the sun in a contact
print frame with exposure times measured in weeks. The sun bleaches out the
image. I don't know if there is a way to fix the image to keep the fading
from continuing. I have only read about it and have no practical experience
with this, yet. I had asked a question about this a few months back to know
if anyone had done this. If anyone has done this I would love to hear your
experiences. Thanks, Thom